My Google Scholar page is here.
31. Suzanne Mettler, Lawrence R. Jacobs, and Ling Zhu. 2022. Policy Threat, Partisanship and the Case of the Affordable Care Act. American Political Science Review, forthcoming.
30. Ping Xu and Ling Zhu. 2022. Immigration, Policy Exclusion, and State-Level Inequality in TANF Participation. Journal of Race, Ethnicity, and Politics, forthcoming.
29. Li Zheng and Ling Zhu. 2022. Trade Openness, Job Sectors, and Social Policy Preferences. Political Science Research and Methods, online first.
28. Pengju Zhang and Ling Zhu. 2021. Does the ACA Medicaid Expansion Affect Hospitals’ Financial Performance? Public Finance Review, 49(6): 779-814.
27. Ling Zhu. 2021. Coopetition: How Interorganizational Collaboration Shapes Hospital Innovation in Competitive Environments. Elements in Public and Nonprofit Administration, Cambridge University Press.
26. Austin McCrea, Ling Zhu, and Morgen S Johansen. Managing Diversity Differently: The External Environment and Cross-Sector Differences in Diversity Management. Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, 32(2): 436-454. [Replication Materials on Harvard Dataverse]
25. Lawrence Jacobs, Suzanne Mettler, and Ling Zhu. The Pathways of Policy Feedback: How Health Reform Influences Political Efficacy and Participation. Policy Studies Journal, forthcoming.
24. Kenicia Wright and Ling Zhu. When Social Capital becomes Political Capital: Understanding the Social Contexts of Minority Candidates’ Electoral Success in the American states. Journal of Race, Ethnicity, and Politics, forthcoming.
23. Taehee Kim, Morgen Johansen, and Ling Zhu. 2020. The Effects of Managers’ Purposeful Performance Information Use on American Hospital Performance. Public Performance & Management Review, 43(1):129-156. [Online Statistical Appendix]
22. Austin McCrea and Ling Zhu. 2019. The External Determinants of Diversity Management: Competition, Collaboration, and Clients. Public Administration, 97(4):942-959.
21. Lawrence Jacobs, Suzanne Mettler, and Ling Zhu. 2019. Affordable Care Act Moving to New Stage of Public Acceptance. Journal of Health Politics, Policy, and Law, 44(6):911-917.
20. Ling Zhu and Hui Zhou. 2019. “Two Chinas”: Social Equity, Social Policies and the Urban-Rural Divide in China. In Social Equity in Asia-Pacific Region, 109-136. Ed. Morgen S. Johansen, Palgrave Macmillan.
19. Ling Zhu and Amanda Rutherford. 2019. Managing the Gaps: How Accountability Standards Affect Decision Making in Public Organizations. Public Performance & Management Review, 42(5): 1029-1061.
18. Ling Zhu, Christopher Witko, and Ken Meier. 2019. The Public Administration Manifesto II: Matching Methods to Theory and Substance. Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, 29(2): 287-298.
17. Morgen S. Johansen, Taehee Kim, and Ling Zhu. 2018. Managing for Results Differently: Examining Managers’ Purposeful Performance Information Use in Public, Nonprofit, and Private Organizations. American Review of Public Administration, 48(2): 133-147.
16. Ling Zhu. 2018. “Healing Alone?”: Social Capital, Racial Diversity and Health Care Inequality in the American States. American Politics Research, 45(6):1059-1087.
15. Ling Zhu. 2017. Voices from the Frontline: Network Participation and Local Support for National Policy Reforms. Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, 27(2):284-300. [Supplementary Data]
14. Morgen S. Johansen and Ling Zhu. 2017. Who Values Diversity? Comparing the Effect of Manager Gender across the Public, Nonprofit, and Private Sectors. American Review of Public Administration, 47(7):797-809. [Online Statistical Appendix]
13. Ping Xu, James C. Garand, and Ling Zhu. 2016. Imported Inequality? Immigration and Income Inequality in the American States. State Politics & Policy Quarterly, 2016,16(2):147-171.
12. Ling Zhu and Kenicia Wright. 2016. Why Do Americans Dislike Publicly Funded Health Care? Examining the Intersection of Race and Gender in Ideological Context. Politics, Groups, and Identities, 4(4):618-637.
11. Ling Zhu and Ping Xu. 2015. The Politics of Welfare Exclusion: Immigration and Disparity in Medicaid Coverage. Policy Studies Journal, 43(4): 456-483.
10. Ling Zhu and Christine S. Lipsmeyer. 2015. Policy Feedback and Economic Risk: The Influence of Privatization on Social Policy Preferences. European Journal of Public Policy, 22(10):1481-1511.. [Online Statistical Appendix]
9. Ling Zhu and Jennifer H. Clark. 2015. Rights without Access: The Political Context of Rising Inequality in Health Care Coverage in the United States. State Politics & Policy Quarterly,15(2): 239-262. [Online Statistical Appendix]
8. Kenneth J. Meier, Nathan Favero, and Ling Zhu. 2015. Performance Gaps and Managerial Decision: A Bayesian Decision Theory of Managerial Action. Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, 25(4): 1221-1246.
7. Ling Zhu, Scott E. Robinson and René Torenvlied. 2015. A Bayesian Approach to Measurement Bias in Networking Studies. The American Review of Public Administration, 45(5): 542-564. [Online Statistical Appendix]
6. Ling Zhu and Morgen S. Johansen. 2014. Public Responsibility and Inequality in Health Insurance Coverage: An Examination of American State Health Care Systems. Public Administration, 92 (2): 422-439.[Online Statistical Appendix]
5. Morgen S. Johansen and Ling Zhu. 2014. Market Competition, Political Constraint, and Managerial Practice in Public, Non-profit, and Private American Hospitals. Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, 24(1):159-184.
4. Ling Zhu and Meredith B. L. Walker. 2013. “Too Much Too Young”: Race, Descriptive Representation, and Heterogeneous Policy Response in the Case of Teenage Childbearing. Politics, Groups, and Identities, 1(4):528-546.
3. Ling Zhu and Breanca Thomas. 2013. School-Based Obesity Policy, Social Capital, and Gender Differences in Weight Control Behaviors. American Journal of Public Health, 103 (6): 1067-73.
2. Ling Zhu. 2013. Panel Data Analysis in Public Administration: Substantive and Statistical Considerations. Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, 23(2):395-428.
1. Christine Lipsmeyer and Ling Zhu. 2011. Immigration, Globalization, and Unemployment Benefits in Developed EU State. American Journal of Political Science, 55(3): 647-664. [Full Article in .pdf Format] and [Replication Materials]